Dapo AkinosunMay 25, 2017
Bashir RamoniMay 25, 2017
Victoria has over twenty-five years of experience representing and advising government and several multinationals on public utility contracts. she has acted for a number of governments, Parastatals, and multinationals, combining experience in litigation and public sector/regulatory practice. Her work includes representation before the Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court and the ECOWAS Court of Justice. Victoria‘s expert trial and appellate skills has seen her engaged in some of the most complex dispute situations. A compulsive reader, Victoria’s incisive opinion on commercial litigation issues is pivotal to any review and advisory process.
Victoria worked as State Counsel in the Lagos State Ministry of Justice for several years before she joined the firm in 2007 as Practice Head. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in English from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. She also obtained her LLB and LLM degrees from the University of Lagos. She is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation Nigeria (CITN).
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN)
QUALIFICATION, ADMISSIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- University of Lagos (LL.M)
- Admitted to Practice in the Nigerian Bar
- University of Lagos (LL.B)
- Participation in the formation advisory and negotiating services for the construction, operation, ascription of development rights and tolling of Public-Private partnership Bridge/ Road project in the Lekki, Lagos.
- Acted as counsel to Lagos State Government on the concession structure for Lagos-Epe Express Road.
- Advised the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission on the policy and regulatory issues within the Lagos State water sector, including drafting of regulations for dispute resolution and consumer protection, water supply and wastewater disposal and evaluation standards for operators within the sector.
- Representing investors in class action arising from the largest public offer in Nigeria’s capital market.
represented Lagos State Government in several precedential cases at the Supreme Court including the dispute between Lagos State and the Federal Government regarding creation of local councils;
- Represented a private local company in connection with complex and contentious shareholder disputes and eventual settlement (included issues relating to majority vs. minority shareholders, alleged shareholder oppression, fiduciary duties of shareholders and directors, and the like).
- Represented a significant foreign owner of local business in dispute with the local co-owner. Extra-litigation resources deployed to address issues relating to financial reporting and working to attempt to avoid costly litigation, as well as negotiations concerning restructuring.
- Various representations involving negotiating executive employment agreements, negotiating separation arrangements, structuring of flexible compensation arrangements, and handling of management/ board disputes.
- Statutory and Regulatory Appraisal/ Investigation Representation including before the National Assembly and State legislature, EFCC, et al