Intellectual Property & ICTMay 24, 2017
Commercial and Criminal LitigationMay 24, 2017
The demand for roads, bridges, energy, water and other infrastructure goods is growing exponentially. The recent model of private participation in provision of infrastructure that traditionally was government’s sole responsibility has raised the stakes considerably. Investments are large and the risks are high. Success in what are often complex, highly structured transactions demand a thorough understanding of technology and economics, while dealing with intricate regulatory schemes, volatile and competitive markets, and uncertain government policy.
Our practice offers local and global knowledge and experience, as well as sophisticated financial, technology, pragmatic and operational insights. We base our work on an in-depth appreciation of the business and commercial objectives of each project and our execution is professional, responsive and results-oriented. Our Projects Group is able to provide representation and advisory services on all aspects relating to project finance, construction and infrastructure development.
How We Can Help
- Infrastructure – We represent sponsors, lenders, contractors and government agencies involved in major infrastructure projects, including the development, financing and construction of roads, bridges, and other major infrastructure projects. Our lawyers also advise also on all stages of projects, including financing, regulatory, privatisation and permitting requirements.
- PPPs- We have helped to formulate policy and drafted laws for the introduction of PPPs in some states.
- We provide a comprehensive service to clients on all phases of such projects, including assisting with due diligence matters, advising on project structuring and the negotiation and drafting of concession, construction and maintenance arrangements as well as financing and security packages. Notably and in addition, we have a real-world view of what could go wrong in any transaction.
Some of the key achievements of our Infrastructure and Project Finance Group are listed below:
- Advised a leading venture capital company in the development of its corporate head office in Ikoyi, Lagos in a property development and project finance transaction worth $17,500,000 (Seventeen Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars).
- Advising Slava-Yetidepe in several construction projects including school and road infrastructure developments in Osun and Lagos States.
- Advised African Capital Alliance in a N525 million loan facility agreement with a leading bank to finance the development of a 5 star hotel in Lagos State.
- Advised project developers/investors on project financing, structure and joint venture arrangements for the development of Gasop’s Block 10 in the Saltpond Basin Offshore, Ghana.
- Advised an indigenous oil company in the acquisition of upstream assets in Nigeria’s oil industry, including negotiation of acquisition, joint venture agreement, joint operating agreements, and financing arrangements from both local and foreign investors to the acquisition process.
- Advised a multilateral finance institution on financing and security structuring regarding its lending to a state for the acquisition of state’s share of the acquisition of a power distribution company.
- Represented DWC regarding the financing structure for the development of its drilling rig in Nigeria.
- Acted as Joint Solicitors to the Issue of the Lagos State Government Bond Tranche I (N80 billion) and Tranche II (N5 billion) for the development of critical infrastructure in Lagos State.
- Acted as Joint Solicitors to the Issue of the Ekiti State Government Bond for the development of critical infrastructure in Ekiti State.
- Acted as Joint Solicitors to the Issue of the Osun State Government Bond Tranche I – Vanilla Bond (N30 billion) and Tranche II – Sukuk (N10 billion) for the development of critical infrastructure in Osun State.
- Some of our lawyers participated in the formation advisory and negotiating services for the construction, operation, ascription of development rights and tolling of Public-Private partnership Bridge/ Road project in the Lekki, Lagos.
- Some of our lawyers, acted as counsel to Lagos State Government on the concession structure for Lagos-Epe Express Road.
- Represented a Project Management firm in connection with the design and construction of a hanger at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Advising on financing, project implementation models for the construction of mixed use facilities at 24,000 square metres involving Landmark Global Realty Limited, Dragages Engineering & Construction and Bouques Batment International,
- Acted in the team of investment adviser and transactional counsel for the project financing, structuring of the nationwide development of Protea Hotels in Nigeria.